The online Bachelor of Arts in Integrated Social Sciences program is designed for those seeking to complete their college degree at a top-ranked public university.
Application Dates and Deadlines
A new cohort of the ISS program starts every fall and spring. For upcoming application deadlines, see the Important Dates box.
Minimum Admission Requirements
To be considered for admission to the program, you must have met the requirements below.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder)
- Completed the College Academic Distribution Requirements (UW admission requirements that almost all applicants will have satisfied through high school coursework)
- Completed a minimum of 75 transferable quarter credits from regionally accredited colleges or universities (1 semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits)
- Earned a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Demonstrated progress toward the general education requirements of the university and the UW College of Arts & Sciences
Note that meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission to the UW.
In general, the credits most likely to transfer are college-level academic credits for liberal arts courses in the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences. Typically, pre-college or vocational courses are not transferable.
Read more about transfer credit policies on the UW Transfer Credit Policies page, including notable restrictions on transfer credit.
Need help figuring out whether you qualify to apply? Contact an Enrollment Coach to learn more about admissions requirements and how to request a transcript evaluation.
How to Apply
The ISS application process differs depending on your applicant type. Click on the link below that matches your situation. If you have questions about your applicant category, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- New Students: Transfer students from other institutions, along with students from UW Evening Degree, UW Bothell and UW Tacoma
- Returning UW Seattle Students: Former UW Seattle students who have not been enrolled for at least two consecutive quarters
- Continuing UW Seattle Students: Currently enrolled UW Seattle students who want to change their major to ISS
- Postbaccalaureate Students: If you have already completed a bachelor’s degree or graduate degree, please contact email@example.com to learn about the appropriate application process.
Because of the various steps and requirements, we recommend starting the application process as early as possible.